Monday, October 29, 2007

Up like a rocket...

I decided that one of the better things I could impart to my kids now that I have some extra time on my hands is a little of the violining that consumed such a huge chunk of my own childhood. I've played a lot in my life, but I've never taught anyone else so I've been attempting to dredge from distant memory all the cool games my violin teachers used to do when my siblings and I were learning to play now decades (gasp!) ago. "Up Like a Rocket" was one that I actually remembered the words to, and D. has, er, taken off with it as a means of practicing his bowhold. Here he is this morning; you have to picture the "up like a rocket" part that didn't make it onto the video...




And note, of course, that we always enjoy violin more in our jammies...

2 comments:

Sally said...

I love it! What memories this brings back. I can't wait for the Vivaldi next week.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!! I totally forgot about "up like a rocket" until now. WOW...memories.